MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

December 22, 2011

Let's Get This PARTY Started!!




 She finally CAME!!! I’m talkin’ bout my SMOKER~~  Hey, c’mon this is a family blog.  The BACKWOODS PARTY arrived today.  MERRY CHRISTMAS and THANK YOU SANTA!

This unit was in a SERIOUS CRATE.  Make sure you have a hammer and crowbar ready.  You don't want to hold up the driver any longer than necessary.  You must inspect the unit BEFORE the driver departs.

I fired her up this evening for a ‘seasoning’.  Sprayed the entire unit with cooking spray and fired her up.  Put in ½ a chimney starter and a 2 small pieces of cherry/bark.  Temperature jumped up to 400+ while I was havin’ a Christmas beverage with the neighbor.  I closed side vents (left one side about 1/4inch open) and am waiting for the cool down to about 250-300.  I will let it sit there for about 3-4 hours and she’ll be just about ready.  Next time, I will throw some cheap birds in there for some grease...then she's ready.



Since tomorrow is Christmas Eve ‘EVE’ and THEN Christmas Eve I will be at the JET/GIANT game THEN Christmas Day.  I will not be able to have the ‘first official smoke’ until next week.  I will let you know when that happens.

I will say, I MUST give PROPS to Kevin Rundell of Coxsackie, NYKevin is a Backwoods dealer 'round this part of New York.  I contacted Kevin via the BBQ BRETHREN website. 

It was a LITTLE unnerving to send a check for over $1500—to a dude I never met! However, the Land of Thin Blue Smoke is a brotherhood.  Kevin was true to his word.  Kevin was also kind enough to hook me up after we discussed the fact that shipping ($400) exceed the original estimate.

If you are looking for a Backwoods contact Kevin – a certified Backwoods Dealer.  

By the way, Backwoods Smokers PROUDLY MADE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!  Dixie, Louisiana.

SMOKE IT UP!

Gran Pappy of Pork~~

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks like an awesome Christmas gift Gran Pappy of Pork! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete