MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

December 6, 2011

A Q'less foray into BLOGGING


Well…this is my first foray into the world of BLOGGING.  For some time I couldn’t imagine WHY someone would want to read and/or subscribe to a ‘stranger’s blog’ (I was always thought BLOG stood for Barbeque Lovers On Google!!).  However, I realized this technology is both informative and (at times) entertaining! 

Who is this guy and WHY am I reading this??  Let me introduce myself.  (First a DISCLAIMER!!! )
  1. Anything printed herein and following MAY OR MAY NOT BE ENTIRELY TRUE,
  2. Nothing ‘printed’ can be used to incriminate and/or incarcerate any member of Tell You What BBQ (herein, known as TYWBBQ).
  3. All readers of this blog agree to be INFORMED, ENTERTAINED and probably OFFENDED by pithy witticism and at times, nonsensical rhetoric
  4. By agreeing to the aforementioned terms, please feel free to use any information herein enclosed and PLEASE contact TYWBBQ with any questions and/or comments you may have regarding anything/everything Q’ related!
With that said…deep breath… I am a founding member of Tell You What BBQ.  My interest in ‘Q’ stems from love of food and fun <fun usually involves meat, smoke, heavily iced beverages, music and more often than not, a parking lot.  I LOVE my family and my friends (well, some of them)<~~THAT is an example of sarcasm, another service we offer here at TYWBBQ.  I am PASSIONATE about honesty, and giving back to those military personnel who served and currently serve this great country.  However, my PASSION is BARBEQUE (and beer—but that’s a WHOLE different BLOG!)

My mother ran a bar/restaurant from about 1982-1995.  The place was appropriately called, BONES.  Sooo, as a frosh in high school I was indoctrinated into the world of SMOKING.  I’m talkin’ bout RIBS!!  Now, I MUST say the ‘smoke’ I am referencing was ...<pause...at the risk of losing all credibility> the renown ‘liquid smoke’ – available in many fine retailers.  I had NO IDEA that a BBQ PURIST would shame such a thought.  Well, MY, OH MY, HAVE I LEARNED.  And YOU TOO shall become ENLIGHTENED on ALL THINGS ‘Q.

As we progress this journey TYWBBQ  will espouse on  topics such as: SMOKERS, SAUCES, INJECTIONS, RESTAURANTS, Q’ TECHNOLOGY, COMPETITION TIPS, RUBS (tonight , dare I say, I GRILLED –as my esteemed colleague, the Trash Man (we'll explain that later) waxed earlier “the other fossil fuel” - three ribeyes (one using the ubiquitous MONTREAL Steak Rub and  two using TASTY LICKS BBQ COMPANY’s ‘redeye red meat rub’ and ‘original smokin’ good BBQ rub’.  SHAMELESS PLUG to follow…Let me tell you, I CANNOT WAIT to review some of the award winning RUBS used here at Tell You What BBQ –FRED at FRED’S MUSIC & BBQ SUPPLY (www.fredsmusicandbbq.com) sent me FREE samples of NO JOKE RUBS!!!  More about those in the forthcoming RUB REVIEW installment.

As I am sure you figured out if you are STILL reading this, BBQ IS MY PASSION – as well as the rest of our crew.  We ALL HAVE differing opinions, as we should, and those add to the dynamic of our team.  Everything you read here will be from the heart and will make YOU more comfortable with BBQ, entertaining, grilling, cooking…the possibilities are endless.  I look forward to our journey together…now, LET’S GO KICK SOME ASH! 

~~GRAN PAPPY OF PORK

No comments:

Post a Comment