MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

December 28, 2011

Texas "Q" in Cold Spring?????

THE ROUND UP TEXAS BBQ - 2741 Rt. 9 -COLD SPRING, NY
Just had a lunch with Team TYW at a lovely little place in Cold Spring N.Y. "Round Up Texas Smoked BBQ" is a fantastic spot for a bite to eat. Bill greeted us cordially and immediately showed us the ins and outs of the menu. The place has a character and charm that is right up my alley. Low key dining where what comes out of the kitchen is what matters. TYW split up the menu with some chicken, ribs, brisket, chili, cornbread, beans and sausage. It was very quiet for several minutes during chow time which tends to be a good sign. We loved it!!!
TEXAS MASSACRE -- TELL YOU WHAT STYLE!
The sausage is going to put 80,000 miles on my car this year. The cornbread was so damn moist I thought about using it as a lotion. The ribs were tasty and the frito pie is just a right of passage all BBQ heads should have.
The second time I went to the window was for my wife, I was greeted by Linda, a charming lady with a great big smile who asked if I needed anything else, I noticed a menu item with her name on it "Linda's Green Stuff", you know the old saying "when in Rome, get some Q", well thank God I remembered that one because Linda's Green stuff is down right fantastic. I think that this genius has somehow made celery into a yummy dessert. I would have purchased a gallon container of the stuff had I known. Bill is a solid guy, a veteran and a gentlemen who embraced this little group of "Q" heads and brought in the back to see where the smoke gets thrown. What an operation this guy has going. All in all a great experience with TYW members Coach Beef, Trash Man, Granpappy and the Cleat

www.tellyouwhatbbq.com

1 comment:

  1. wife approved...the brisket was tender and moist and I would have enjoyed the cornbread as well if Granpappy would have shared it!! Next time I want to go on the road trip!!!

    ReplyDelete