MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

January 12, 2012

PORK...it's what's for DINNER!

"Cause it's some hot cookin' going on tonight..." G-Love

LEFTOVER SALMON...and PORK.
Those of you who are musically 'savvy' probably noticed I make numerous musical references.  More about that later when I get to 'tailgating'.

Blogger X - "OK, TELL YOU WHAT BBQ convinced me to buy a smoker.  I smoked a BUTT...I ate like a champion.  I put the leftover pork in a ziploc.  There are only two of us who live here.  NOW WHAT!!??"

TYW BBQ -- "No worries.  Keep reading."

Being ITALIAN/IRISH there has always been excess - both food and drink.  Most people I know do not know how to 'cook for two'.

My question is, "WHY would you want to cook for two?!"  Three's a crowd but FOUR is a party!!

It is more expensive to cook a meal for two.  So, JUST COOK MORE FOOD!!  Think about it.  WHAT do you do with 'all of this food'?  Invite your friends over for dinner.  THERE IS NEVER AN EXCUSE NOT TO INVITE FRIENDS TO YOUR HOME.  You are DEAD longer than you are ALIVE so enjoy it NOW!!!  

Tonight, the proverbial cubbard was bare.  Alas, open the freezer and WHAT do I see?  But a ZIPLOC OF PORK IN A BAGGIE!
SUPER EASY 2nd TIME IS JUST AS GOOD...if not better BARBECUE!!
1. Fill a pot 1/2 way with water
2. Place the ziploc (vacuum seal bags are preferred) in the water
3. As the water warms so does the pork
4. I lightly 'boiled' for about 25 minutes - be careful not to let the plastic burn on steel - then I added the pork to my IRON SKILLET (11.5inches) - EVERYONE must have an iron skillet!
5. I added a bit of apple juice and a splash of SAM ADAMS WINTER LAGER...that's why you HAVE to buy a 6 pack!
6. Let some of the liquid burn off...Empty pork into skillet -- cover loosely with foil -- I added DIZZY DUST and a splash of cider vinegar
7. Low heat until hot...ready to EAT!!

TALK ABOUT AN EASY 30 MINUTE MEAL!!


<YES, i know there is 'green stuff' on my plate!!
Here it is: - ASPARAGUS - Fresh PEPPER - OLIVE OIL - RUB OF CHOICE - roll em' around in it a bit - broiler for several minutes -- OR directly on grill grate for 3 or 4 minutes - overcooking will make them 'mushad'!


LO n' SLO, baby...


Gran Pappy~~~
www.tellyouwhatbbq.com


No comments:

Post a Comment