MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

February 20, 2012

Phantom DAYTONA PARTY

Well...yesterday, was SUPPOSED to be the GranPappy's DAYTONA 500 party.  However, the NASCAR 'powers that be' (Brian France/Mike Helton?) decided to push things back a week.  Sooo...because the weather here in New York was a BALMY 43* and SUNNY, I decided to SHMOKE SOME SHTUFF.

Last week I received a bottle of limited-batch BBQ sauce from my friends at  SPICE OF LIFE CATERING, BOULDER, COLORADO.  There is a REASON why these folks have been voted BEST OF... in NUMEROUS COLORADO PUBLICATIONS!!
Dan at SPICE OF LIFE makes his own 'small batch' Sauce -- TYWBBQ thinks he should go BIGGER!!

I decided to SMOKE SOME LOAVES...using JEFF@SMOKING-MEAT.com's JALAPENO STUFFED MEATLOAF...WOW...it was AWESOME!!  If you do not receive JEFF'S monthly emails...you NEED TO GO THERE NOW!! and register for his mailing list!!  I have used his ideas many times.

Square tin...halved jalapenos - filled with cream cheese and cheddar


JEFFS RECIPE walks you through the STEPS...I used my own RUB RATIOS and of course, A SPICE OF LIFE BBQ SAUCE in the meat mixture.  I used 3.5lbs. of #80/20 and 1.5lbs. of a beef/pork/veal meatloaf mix.  I put a jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar in a square muffin tin.  Filled with meat then dumped out on foil.  Covered the top of the 'loaf' with more meat.

'The Flip' -- which I then formed into 'loaves'
The bottom was extra meat that I put in a 'loaf' pan with holes in the bottom so the liquid would drain during the cook


I SMOKED THE LOAF at 240* until internal was about 165* and took them out and 'tented in foil' until the crew was ready.  
My buddy Kevin stated, "This MAY BE the best meatloaf I EVER had!!"  Hey, thanks, Kev, I respect a man who is 'lo-maintenance'

I ALSO cooked some RIB TIPS, which I had leftover from some St. Louis trimmings I did recently.

I rubbed those with some SIMPLY MARVELOUS SPICY APPLE  (STEPH of SIMPLY MARVELOUS REALLY hooked me up, more about that next time) and smoked for 2 hours before covering with ***CLASSIFIED COMPETITION INFORMATION TO FOLLOW***


Ready for the SMOKE...oh yeah, HAD TO stuff the extra jalapenos and smoke them for 3 hours

The final product...SWEET AND MESSY


ANOTHER GREAT DAY OF SMOKE with BACKWOODS, BLUES HOG, SIMPLY MARVELOUS and A SPICE OF LIFE CATERERS.  More importantly, ANOTHER DAY SPENT with FRIENDS and FAMILY.  Life is too short to be miserable -- ENJOY EVERY DAY!

Oh yeah, I have to give a SHOUT to DAN at SPICE OF LIFE for also sending a STYLIN' HAT!! Thanks Dan!

Keep SMOKIN~~~

GranPappy of Pork
www.tellyouwhatbbq.com


2 comments:

  1. Holy crap!!!! That looks sick!. How good was that meatloaf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meatloaf rocked!! Definitely a 'go-to' recipe

    ReplyDelete