MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

March 4, 2012

Some Like it Hot!!!


This is a shout out to that great American scientist Wilbur Scoville. Who isthat you say? Only the man who enabled us to differentiate between- "That's a little spicy" and "Holy #%!& thats *%#$#&* Hot"!!! Is there an ambulance nearby!!!! I may need a new colon!!!" He came up with the scale that tells us how hot/spicy stuff is. My friends all love my bacon wrapped, cheese filled jalapenos(2500-8000 Scoville Units) but I thought it was time to up the ante. So I strapped on the cleats and took it up a notch. The serrano pepper(10,000- 23,000 Scoville units) is smaller but packs quite a punch. The serrano stood up during the coring and
cheesing process and went on the egg at 375 for
about 45 miutes with a little apple wood
in the mix. The bacon gets so nice and crispy and
the cream cheese mellows the capsaicin so no one usually gets blown out of the water. Well thank god the wife was working late cause the cleat took a beating this evening folks. The count is Serrano's 1- Cleat 0. It was a painful experience that I do not care to revisit.
The worst part was when I started to tear up and
rubbed my eyes with capsaicin covered fingers.
The agony was only superficial at this point and things took a wicked turn after my third serrano. I was pretty sure the ambulance people would have kicked me in the gonads for being such wimp so i refrained from dialing 911. The only thing I found that made them palatable was slathering the next three or four in nutella. That lovely Italian peanut butter type substance made for an interesting combo with the intense flavor of the peppers. All in all I ate 12 of these beauties and suffered dearly for my appetites. Looking back I realized that 12 is only about half of what I usually eat when I make the jalapenos. Maybe this will be part of my triathlon regiment to help shed those last few nasty ounces I need to lose in order to qualify senior nationals!! Any daredevils out there that want to give them a try please be careful. Peace and Smoke!!!

1 comment: