MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

March 17, 2012

ST. PATTY'S ITALIAN FATTY!

I fired up the Waste Receptacle (UDS) this morning for a test run of Dreamland's BBQ SHAKE rub for my next installment of Rub Wars.  It occurred to me that since I had my sacred barrel blazing already I should put all that wonderful smoke to good use.  My boy and I were already celebrating one part of our ancestral heritage this morning in observance of St. Patty's Day so the idea dawned on me to pay homage to another little section of our DNA that made it over on the boat from a small village just outside Rome about 85 years ago.
Green is for the Money and Gold is for the Honey's 
Coach Beef has already been over the Fatty or what he calls the "HAPPY PAPPY" in detail on this very blog and your hard drive has never been the same since.  My way is a bit different, mixing the Old Country with the New Country.  Check it out and try it yourself.
I do the same basic process as The Beef except my base is always Italian Sausage--Hot like I like my women!  Don't judge me...it's in my blood!  I might have to surrender my KCBS membership for this one, but I'm also not a big bacon fan so I forgo the weave too. My stuffing for this fatty is basic shredded mozzarella cheese.  I season heavily inside with garlic powder and Spice Classics Italian Seasoning.

After the roll-up the outside also gets dusted with the seasoning.  In the past I have coated the outside with BBQ rub as well but decided to let the sausage stand on it's own for this one.  I smoke them for 3 hours at around 265 with a flip half way through using Hickory chunks or in this case some chips that my wife picked up for me at the grocery one day.  There really is nothing too it and the results are phenomenal.

Sober up, wipe off your Blarney Stone, fire up your Drum and give this fatty a try!

The TrashMan

No comments:

Post a Comment