MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

May 6, 2012

I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

True BBQers...after a successful day of dust, weed and dog poop maintenance in my back yard I took to the net waves in search of my next project or moment of inspiration, ok--so I was just hiding out from the wife--you got me!  Finally, after 35 years on this rock I've had my "I'll always remember where I was when this happened" moment.  Forget the OJ chase, forget WMD's and forget Janet Jackson's heavenly wardrobe malfunction--couldn't tell you where I was for any of them.  BUT--I will forever be linked to my balance ball chair in my office/son's den of destruction for the academy awarding level motion picture that I found on youtube below.  All I wanted to do was find some info/reviews on the Ique 110 that I was looking to pick up for my UDS and NIRVANA happened instead!

I can't accurately describe how emotional this piece of film making was to a guy who has dubbed himself the TrashMan.  In all honestly, I feel as though I should relinquish that title to the fine director of that amazing documentary on using an ACTUAL trashcan as a smoker.  I thought myself and the fraternity of barrel smokers were at the pinnacle of redneck, practical and cheap BBQ ingenuity.  NOPE--not even close!  The BBQ-baru Outback is warming up as I finish typing up this entry and I'm off to Lowe's to pick up a legit refuse receptacle that will hopefully allow me to show my honor and respect to my new BBQ HERO--Mr. AAINDS

LOVE, PEACE and SMOKE
The TrashMan

3 comments:

  1. How much do you think you can cook in there? Are you deflecting the heat in any way? Can you lay hole racks of ribs across that can? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two 22.5 inch grills in my UDS with plenty of room for a 3rd. The can above is the same diameter as a UDS so the racks work there too. Only 1 will fit though because the can is short in height. I easily fit 3-4 uncut racks of spare ribs flat on one grill. If you use a galvanized steel can, fill it with scrap food and burn the hell out of the inside to remove the coating. When it starts to rust you are good to go. Season with PAM and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't run a difusser in my UDS but many people do. A perforated pizza pan just above the firebox should do. Might be necessary in this trash can smoker depending on how many coals you light to start.

    ReplyDelete