MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

January 1, 2013

WINTER SMOKE AND JUMPIN SHIP!

The great weatherman in the sky decided to give us one last winter blast to close out 2012 up here in the booming metroplex of Sloatsburg, NY!  Six inches was the conservative estimate which in our house is perfect BBQ conditions!  The final ICE-Y-Q of 2012 went off without a hitch thanks to my Anti-Snow UDS modifications.
I know what you're saying...why the Dyer Vent on the smoke stack? Listen here rookies, nothing is worse than getting your tent all full of smoke especially when you're 6'2" and that stuff rises and lingers!  My best MOD so far for my Drum is the homemade dolly using an old lid and "borrowed" castors that my neighborhood school was disposing of!  RECYCLE, REDUCE and REUSE!!

In this picture which was before the blizzard you can see my IQue 110 pit controller hanging down from the table.  It is not weather proof by any means so many people buy fancy boxes or fab up crazy ammo cases to hold it.  Since I have a PhD in Redneck Studies from the University of Pittsburgh, I just used my noodle and put a small hole in a Ziploc bag and threaded the strap through!  Cheap is the new Expensive for 2013!
Ziploc bags are more versatile than duct tape as any Burgher or Burger would know since growing up we all were sent out in the snow with bags in our boots by the matriarch of the family!  I know...GENIUS!!! You know you are going to try it so don't even pretend to scoff at the bag boots!
As you can see from the pic above, my cook space remained smoke free and as dry as your GranPappy's Pork!  Unfortunately, I am sad to report that all is not well in the House of Refuse though.  Yes, the pork and spuds turned out fantastic as always but as the day went on I had a weird feeling in my gut that has completely turned my world upside down.  After some extensive investigation I have concluded that we have a traitor in our midst!
Q'Believers...it pains me to have to inform you that my daughter Maya has forsaken the family legacy and jumped ship to Clan Ceramic!  At press time I am currently in the process of removing her from my will due to the blasphemy she has brought to our family toiling with that LITTLE GREEN EGG!!!  My only hope is that sometime soon after potty training she will out grow this fascination and get herself a proper RUBBISH RECEPTACLE and make her Daddy proud!

Happy New Year
LOVE, PEACE and SMOKE
The TrashMan

No comments:

Post a Comment