MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

February 8, 2013

MOJO in the SNOW...

BLIZZARD conditions here in the New Yawk!  What is a man to do?? Ummm...SMOKE some meat!
Ohh..bout 4 weeks ago while listening to REMPE'S SHOW (TUESDAY NIGHTS at 9pm on OutdoorCookingChannel.com -- if you are a 'BBQ guy/gal' you REALLY NEED to listen to this show.  Greg is a CHARACTER...sign up for the 'chat' and ENJOY THE SHOW!! It is DEFINITELY worth it.)  Anyway...I was listenin' to REMPE and FRED from MOJOBRICKS was in the 'chat room' (let's just say it is a 'biting sarcasm' room) and Fred offered to send me some MOJO.  HELL, YEAH!

So, fast forward 2 weeks and the USPS delivers the goods (except NOT on Saturday!  Hey, LISTEN the USPS does NOT ACCEPT $1- from the Government.  I wish some other entities/PEOPLE did the same!)
Fred even sent a lil' note - A MAN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS WORD.  And FRED'S IS GOOD


So, the GranPappy opened up the Frigidaire and 'What do my wonders eyes behold?  BUT two pork loins and a package of maple pork breakast sausage!??'  We like to be SEMPER PARATUS (<--NO Boy Scout references please.  We ARE NOT PC here at TYWBBQ.com but we are NOT GOING THERE!!) - here at the Pappy Shack.

So, I took one of MOJO'S cherrry bricks and put it directly on the burner of my WEBER.
Chunk of CHERRY MOJO -Comparison to a 'pen'

Yea..did I mention that it is SNOWING HERE!??
HAVE to SMOKE before the STORM!

RUBBED SOME MEAT (light coat of olive oil on all prior to RUB)
I am cooking on an inverted veggie grill grate 

So, I also figgered I would 'dust some crack' <--sounds VERY illegal -- I can't recall where I read about these recently
Lite PAM glaze..and your favorite rub

SMOKED up the 'goods' until the loins hit 165*...let 'em rest in foil.  Dripped on some HOMEMADE QUE SAUCE (if you want to BUY SOME...contact the PAPPY!!!)
and..LUNCH IS SERVED!!  Light, sweet Cherry smoke -- and SO EASY!!


WOW...PORK 'NICEness' <--can that be a word??

MOJOBRICKS...are a DEFINITELY MUST TRY for BOTH grill and smoker.  MOJO makes several varieties - try them ALL!  
I HAVE TO ADMIT...I bought a TEN BRICK of CHERRY for myself.  

Tell Fred that Tell You What BBQ sent you!

Last week, the weather was SUNNY and 18* - a BEAUTIFUL DAY TO COOK

Don't let the WEATHERMAN KEEP YOU DOWN!!! BRING DA' SMOKE!

Yours in SMOKE 'NICEness',

GranPappy
www.TellYouWhatBBQ.com





No comments:

Post a Comment