MENU



WELCOME TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING WEBSITE IN BBQ AND THE HOME OF ROCKLAND COUNTY'S PREMIER COMPETITION TEAM! THIS SITE IS OUR CHRONICLE OF THE Q'NIVERSE. SIT BACK AND ENJOY OUR WORLD OF ASHKICKIN Q! ~TYWBBQ

May 26, 2014

A BRUSH EVEN A BALD MAN CAN LOVE!

Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.  Henry Ward Beecher

This quote will appear on the TrashMan's grave stone and I will be buried with my new Grill Brush from the folks at Mr. Grill!  I've always looked at myself as more of a surgeon when it comes to BBQ, cooking my succulent dishes with razor sharp precision.  As it turns out, this Memorial Day I ventured into the artistic side of my culinary expression while wielding this new brush like the Mighty Thor's Hammer Mjölnir.
This is the second product I've had the chance to review from Mr. Grill. Check out the review I did on their new Grill Gloves a while back.  As you can see above, the Mr. Grill Gloves have become a staple in my BBQ cooks and are used daily with the TrashWife commandeering them in favor of pot holders in the kitchen.  I'm ashamed to admit that this Mr. Grill Brush is actually the first grill brush I have ever owned.  Up until this weekend, I always sacrificed a ball of aluminum foil to the God of Recycling when cleaning my grill or can.  Never again my friends!!

The Mr. Grill Brush is made out of an oak handle with brass bristles.  It has a nice leather loop on the end to hang on your grill or mount above the mantle next to your 2nd place trophies.  The MSRP on this bad boy is about $19.99 and can be purchased through the Mr. Grill Amazon page.  The bristles on this thing are very sturdy and the nontraditional design allows you to really get into the nooks and crannies of your grill and get the grime out. The triangular open design makes it a cinch to cleanup as well in a sink.  The functionality and craftsmanship of this brush are outstanding!

BEFORE
AFTER
For me, cleanup is an after thought--especially after an entire day maning the redneck microwave.  This new brush is going to make it a snap.  I would highly recommend anyone in the market for a new brush to travel over to Mr. Grill and pick one of these fine Grill Brush's up.

LOVE, PEACE and SMOKE
The TrashMan
TELLYOUWHATBBQ.COM
FB.COM/TELLYOUWHATBBQ
TWITTER.COM/TELLYOUWHATBBQ
   

2 comments:

  1. I too had similar kind of Grill Brush with long and short brass tuft wires few months ago. My friend took it away. Actually he was fond of BBQ just like me. Now I am again thinking to purchase it because it is cheap, cost around 25 $.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a simple procedure to clean those rusty Barbeque grill grates:
    • First, heat the grill for about 15 minutes so that the grease will be removed. In removing the oil and grease early on you cleaning can help you save time.
    • After heating the grill, brush off the rust with the use of brass-bristled brushes for grills. Also, start brushing lightly and then increase the force of your brushing slowly. Scrub back and forth to scrape the rust on the grill grates.
    • After brushing, you can shower an amount of baking soda on top of the part of the grill with visible rusts. Baking soda is helpful in cleaning grill grates because it does not easily damage metal materials. Place the grill grates with baking soda on the heat and as the baking soda heats the carbon dioxide from the baking soda will make the rust softer to brush off.

    ReplyDelete